I have deserted you this week. And it's not like I haven't had plenty of blog fodder. It's just that getting to the computer after work is like breaking through a force field, and getting to the blogosphere while at work is almost just as hard. I've had a little time to read some of your blogs but not much.
The new branding campaign I have mentioned before that we are working on at the ol' job has completely consumed my days. I've even had to *gasp* stay late a few days. Most of our designs lately have required some labor-intensive work - and layer-intensive, as the case may be in Photoshop. I can show you some of it, but I have to lay low on mentioning the actual name of the place at which I work.
Here is a series of postcards I have designed to get the word out about some of our majors. I have also put white boxes over the last name of the person featured on the postcard.:


The design includes using small bits of art called vector images. With vector, you can make the image larger or smaller without it losing information or it getting all pixelated. So that's what I've been up to. Of course, add to that every business card, letterhead and envelope order for anyone on campus, reunion brochures, flyers, invitations, etc. at work and planning for a baby, keeping my house clean and trying not to neglect family and friends after work and on weekends and you've got one busy girl.
Over the past week and a half, Chris and I took a little weekend getaway to Blue Ridge and stayed in a great B&B, which we've never done before. We also went tubing while in Blue Ridge, which was a blast. Then we finished registering for baby gear. We are now officially registered at Target and Babies R Us. Although Chris was greatly disappointed in the amount of plastic we will be using as parents, we tried to offset it a little bit by registering for Method products and organic cotton. Plus, we will be using G-Diapers, which you can read all about on Chris' blog.
I'm getting the vibe that my readers have all have been pretty darn busy, too. Any stories?





12 comments:
For a second there, I thought you were going to announce a new branding campaign for your blog, which would have been cool in an extremely bizarre way.
The postcards look great. Really nice work.
Great work, Meaghan!! And it's totally OK to take blog hiatuses. I do it ALL the time! :)
No stories from me. I have been sitting on the couch all day eating bonbons and watching soaps.
No stories from me either. I actually envy your busy schedule.
The postcards do look great. Nice job! You do my alma mater proud.
The postcards are awesome. I really dig the hands-on concept and you did a great job on the design.
I also think it's hilarious that they used Lawler's office for the postcard. It looks identical to the way it was when he was Kim's adviser. His explosion chic interior design ethic is legendary.
Jacob didn't take your efforts at eliminating last names seriously, apparently.
It is good to see that that office hasn't changed a bit. I may still have a paper buried amongst those stacks.
I'm glad you got to go tubing after all, although I'm sure it wasn't nearly as much fun with just Chris there to entertain you.
Busy is my middle name these days too! Who has time for sleep, better yet the regular blog post or two! I love your work! Looks awesome! Hope to get to see you soon, I miss my bff:(
I think your designs look great :) For some reason, my blogroll decided not to tell me you had updated your blog until now. As if it hadn't been long enough since I read your blog...
Mickey, his last name is on the image of the postcard. I don't think I used anyone else's name.
Oh, wait. I don't think the names were whited out when I posted.
Great postcards!!! I have no interesting stories, as you can see from my blog- all I do is work (a lot), sleep (a little) and do things to prepare for the baby. We're getting very excited- I finally finished all my registries and we have 2 showers coming up next weekend. Our apartment will probably be taken over at that point!
Great postcards!!! I have no interesting stories, as you can see from my blog- all I do is work (a lot), sleep (a little) and do things to prepare for the baby. We're getting very excited- I finally finished all my registries and we have 2 showers coming up next weekend. Our apartment will probably be taken over at that point!
Post a Comment